Holy Name Society
President: Phil Spinella
Vice President: Victoria Spinella
Treasurer: Richie Cook
Brian Hogan – Ken Levine – Al Mueller – George O’Dell
Kathy Rouse – Al Stella – Gene Sullivan – Debbie Zrelak
The Holy Name Society promotes the honor and glory of our Divine God and the personal sanctification of its members by acts of love and devotion to the most Holy Name of Jesus. The spirited life of its members is a perpetual act of reverence and love.
Our members perform the Corporal Works of Mercy: to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, give drink to the thirsty, shelter to the homeless, tend the sick, visit those in prison, and bury the dead; as well as the Spiritual Works of Mercy: to convert sinners, instruct the ignorant, counsel the wayward, comfort the sorrowing, bear adversity patiently, forgive offenses, and pray for the living and the dead on a parochial, diocesan and national level.
The Holy Name Society promotes respect for the most Holy Name of God, faith in the Catholic Church and the Magisterium, loyalty to one’s country and respect for all lawful authority both civil and religious.
History of the Society at St. Joan of Arc
The HNS was very active during the earlier years of St Joan of Arc and at some time prior to 1970 ceased to exist. It was revived in 1989 and had at one time 25 members.
Over the years we have accomplished the following:
- Set an example of manly devotion to Christ to the children of the parish
- Buried our dead brothers
- Built 5 homes for the poor in Jamaica
- Provided clothing to the poor
- Raised funds for the siding of the Religious Education building
- Purchased mechanical sewing machines for poor women
- Donated funds to Food for The Poor
- Carpeted the church
- Re-finished the flooring in the church
- Uphold the Holy Name Pledge
- Must be a regular practicing Catholic
- Must attend meetings on 2nd Sunday of the month (except July & August) If you are interested please contact Father Emmanuel (845-753-5239) or Richie Cook (845-753-5391)