OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL
Our 125th Jubilee Mass and brunch on July 19, 2020 is fast approaching. Mass will be at 10 a.m. followed by a sumptuous brunch at the historic Tuxedo Club. Tickets are being sold after all the Masses with the very the last day of sale being July 12. Seating is limited and time is of the essence so get your tickets as soon as possible! Payment can be made by cash or check. Seating will be on a first-come first-serve basis, however, if you have a group you’d like to sit with let us know ASAP so we can do our best to accommodate you. We hope to fill the Church for this momentous occasion! All are welcome!
St. Joan of Arc Chapel
Every Thursday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your condolences, prayers and mass intentions on the passing of my father. Your kindness is very much appreciated.
This weekend we will celebrate 1 mass in each church.
Saturday, July 4th 4 p.m. in the main church at St. Joan of Arc and On Sunday, July 5th 10 a.m. in the main church at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.
Daily mass is on Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9 a.m. in the church hall at St. Joan of Arc and Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday 8 a.m. in the main church at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. This is just a temporary schedule and is subject to change. Once these restrictions are removed we will resume our old schedule of masses.
I ask that you review the following guidelines:
- For now there is no requirement for you to come back to Mass once churches are open. Those who are at a greater risk of COVID-19 (those older than 65 or who have underlying health conditions) are cautioned not to come to church for Mass. They may join us only when they feel safe and comfortable to do so. His Eminence has dispensed us from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass at this time. As an alternative, Mass may be viewed on line or on TV, and the act of spiritual communion may be used instead of receiving the Eucharist.
- We will only be using the main entrance in each church. You will be seated by the usher in attendance.
- In accord with current state policy, the faithful (over 2 years old) must wear a mask.
- Attendees should sanitize their hands at the entrance of the church via sanitizer stations.
- All present at Mass should sit 6 feet or more away from others. Families may sit together.
- Please do not sit in the pews that have been roped off. Maintain 6ft. from the person beside you unless a family member.
- When receiving communion please keep your mask on, extend your hands to receive then step to the side and lift your mask to place the Body of Christ in your mouth. You may not receive communion if you are wearing gloves and communion will not be distributed on the tongue.
- Anyone wishing me to hear their confession prior to mass needs to call me at 914-439-5089 to schedule.
Thank you for your cooperation!
May God Bless you all!
Yours in Christ,
Rev. Joseph A. Emmanuel
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (and by appointment)
Office is closed on Tuesdays
Office located in
St. Joan of Arc Rectory
32 Eagle Valley Rd
Sloatsburg, NY 10974